BIA Scholarship: Making a Difference in Students' Lives
Each year, the BIA is proud to award several scholarships to high school seniors or students currently enrolled in college or post-high school training. The Scholarship Program is a function of the BIA Foundation and was created to encourage and promote a highly qualified workforce for the building industry.
Since 1994, 113 students have received scholarships totaling $150,000. In 2011, the Professional Women in Building Council (PWB) has assumed the oversight of reviewing and awarding the annual scholarships.
Scholarship Applications: Due April 1, 2013
Application Requirements Include:
- Completed application and submitted by the April 1, 2013 deadline.
- 500-word or less detailed essay on the financial need for this scholarship and the reason interested in pursuing a career in the residential construction industry
- Two (2) reference letters detailing why they would recommend you as a scholarship recipient
- Official grade transcript
- Any other activities associated with including sports, societies, offices held, awards, internships, employment history, volunteer activites etc.
Seven exceptional students recived BIA Scholarships in 2011 and five worthy students were awarded scholarships in 2012. To continue this tradition we need your financial support to do so.
BIA members are welcome to become part of this excellent opportunity by encouraging young people to pursue careers in the residential building industry by donating to the BIA Scholarship Fund. Contributions are 100% tax deductible, and you will be recognized right here on our website as a Scholarship Donor. To find out how to donate, contact Patty Halper at (614) 891-0575, ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your donations are greatly appreciated!
Thank you to our recent Scholarship Donors:
- Dec 2012: Wagenbrenner Development
- Nov 2012: DiYanni Custom Homes
- Nov 2012: Advanced Plumbing, Inc.
- May 2012: Romanelli & Hughes
If you would like to see your company name listed here as a Scholarship Donor or have questions about the Scholarship program, please contact Patty Halper.