Parade of Homes Exhibit Registration Now Open
Mar. 13, 2013
Join the BIA Parade of Homes as a site exhibitor. Registration is now open to be in the large entry tent.
The BIA Parade of Homes (Parade) Entry Tent will accommodate a limited number of exhibitors to display their products and/or services. Parade attendees will be routed through the exhibit area during their visit. Typically about 35,000 attendees visit the sixteen-day Parade annually.
Exhibit Agreement Includes
- 10’w x 8’d x 8’h space in entry tent
- 110 Electric
- Paved surface
- 2 Preview Party Tickets (4 tickets for 8’ x 20’ booth)
- 10 Parade VIP Tickets (20 tickets for 8’ x 20’ booth)
- 8 Worker badges
- 8 Parking passes
- BIA members are listed on Parade website, including logo & web link
- BIA members are listed in the Parade Planbook if registered by 04/01/2013
BIA of Central Ohio Members
8’ x 10’ - $2,250
8’ x 20’ - $4,300
Non-BIA of Central Ohio Members
8’ x 10’ - $3,250
For information about joining the BIA to get the member rate and save over $300, call (614) 891-0575 or click here.
A 50% deposit of booth cost must be paid upon receipt of Agreement. Remaining balance must be paid by June 7, 2013 or upon receipt thereafter. The BIA accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Please make check payable to BIA of Central Ohio. Deposit is non-refundable. Any and all cancellations of space from exhibitor must be in written form thirty (30) days prior to opening of the Parade, and approved by the BIA. Booth payments MUST be paid in advance and will not be accepted at the Parade. Payment must be received in full before you will be permitted to set up your display. Booth payments are non-refundable for cancellations after May 17, 2013.
Exhibit space assignment rules: Returning 2012 Parade Exhibitors have the first right of refusal for their booth space, provided that the tent layout stays the same and payment is received in accordance with the Exhibit Space Application. If the tent layout changes, 2012 Parade Exhibitors will have the first opportunity to select their exhibit space on first-come, first-served basis. All other applications with payment are assigned space on first-come, first-served basis.
Download 2013 Parade of Homes Exhibit Registration Packet PDF
(pay with credit card check or cash)
(pay with credit card ONLY; must have an online BIA profile)
The BIA exercises the right as show sponsor of the Parade that if a Major Sponsor is obtained for the 2013 Parade in a certain product or service category that is the same or very similar to that of your product or service, your exhibit contract will be cancelled. No companies whose products or services compete with a Major Sponsor will be considered for site exhibiting opportunities. The BIA is currently accepting Major Sponsors, so please be aware that your exhibit contract may be cancelled with a full refund if the BIA obtains a sponsor that offers similar products or services as your company.
June 15 - 30. Each exhibitor will receive 10 VIP (general admission) passes for the Parade. You must use a VIP pass to tour the Parade. You may order more VIP passes through the BIA office. BIA Member Price: $6 each.
Hours of Operation
Sun: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm (no entry after 5:00 pm)
Mon - Sat: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm (no entry after 8:00 pm)
You are not required to staff your booth. We suggest that you have someone there on evenings and weekends as these are the busiest times.
Fri, June 14. 6:00 - 10:00 pm. (You are not required to staff your booth). Each exhibitor will receive 2 tickets to the Preview Party. You may not enter the Parade site during the Party without a Preview Party ticket. Worker badges are not valid for Preview Party admittance. You may order more Preview Party tickets through the BIA office.
Set up will be the week before the show opens. When the schedule is finalized, exhibitors will be notified.
Sun, June 30. 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm - Do not tear down before the public has left the Parade. Violators will not be permitted to exhibit in 2014.
Mon, July 1. 7:00 am - 5:00 pm. Please remove all trash and display items before you leave the Parade site.
Mon, June 10 at 7am - Tues, July 2 at 3:00 pm.
Rules & Regulations
Character of Exhibit
BIA has absolute discretion to exercise the following rights:
- To prohibit any exhibit or part thereof which, in its sole opinion, violates the agreement described herein or is, in any other way, not suitable to or in keeping with the character and spirit of the Parade
- To close an exhibit which is found to violate this agreement.
- To refuse to permit an exhibitor who violates this agreement to participate in one or more future Parade by reason thereof.
- To change the floor plan (including but not limited to aisle spaces), without notice, in order to comply with fire, safety and accessibility regulations or provide, in its exclusive judgment, a safer, more satisfactory, attractive and successful Parade.
NOTE: In order to provide a well-balanced, well-regulated, attractive, and successful Parade, no exceptions to the following rules will be permitted. BIA reserves the right to enforce strict compliance with these Rules and Regulations.
- The cost of all exhibit space is specified on the application contract as printed. Each exhibitor is required to pay a 50% deposit, submitted along with application/contract.
- Exhibit space assignment rules: Returning 2012 Parade Exhibitors have the first right of refusal for their booth space, provided that the tent layout stays the same and payment is received in accordance with the Exhibit Space Application. If the tent layout changes, 2012 Parade Exhibitors will have the first opportunity to select their exhibit space on first-come, first-served basis. All other applications with payment are assigned space on first-come, first-served basis.
- BIA reserves the right to refuse space because of unethical or illegal business practices.
- Exhibits must be attractive and clean at all times; and must be in place ready to show no later than 12:00 P.M. on Friday, June 14, 2013. Exhibitors not set up by this deadline will relinquish all rights to participate in the Parade. Payment is nonrefundable.
- Display space is confined to leased area and may NOT extend into aisle area. Exhibitor must remain in/near leased space when talking to the public.
- Each exhibit booth includes drapery for back and sidewalls and one standard company sign. Additional equipment/supplies shall be arranged by the Exhibitor. Any portion of an exhibitor’s side walls that exceeds three (3) feet high must be finished off facing the neighboring booths. Such areas facing the neighbors may not display any company name, logos, or any other advertising. BIA will install drapery material, at the exhibitor’s expense, in such areas, where, in its sole discretion, is deemed necessary.
- Exhibitor shall be responsible for providing booth equipment (table, chairs, carpet, extra lighting etc.). Decorating Order Forms will be sent prior to the Parade.
- Dispensing or serving of beverages or food from the booth must be approved by the BIA.
- Smoke and/or fog-producing machines are not allowed.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for providing, at their own expense, any security necessary for their exhibits.
- The Parade Concession area shall be the sole supplier of all food & beverage items for the Parade.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED in the Entry Tent or near the entrances.
- If used, music must be kept at the minimum volume.
Installation and Removal of Exhibits
Complete details regarding the installation and removal of exhibits are included in the Exhibitor Packet. No exhibits may leave the entry tent at any time after installation until the final closing of the Parade unless special permission is obtained in writing from the BIA. No exhibits may be removed from the entry tent until all bills accruing against the exhibitor are fully paid or credit is approved by the creditor. In case of attachments or other legal proceedings affecting the Exhibit, the Exhibit shall forthwith become the property of the BIA. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BIA, its officers, directors, members, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, or expenses of any kind whatsoever by third party, including legal fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with any act or omission by Exhibitor in the installation, use, operation and removal of the exhibits causing any property damage or injury to any party.
Exhibitors may distribute literature and samples from their booths and orders may be taken for displayed merchandise. Related products/services may be sold from booth location.
All exhibitors, service contractors and any other parties exhibiting or working in the Entry Tent must comply with all applicable Federal, State and Municipal building and fire codes, and all exhibits are subject to a Fire Department Inspection. Any questions regarding specific situation should be referred to the BIA. This will enable the BIA to solve any problems prior to the opening of the Parade. Material not conforming to such regulations will be removed immediately at the exhibitor’s expense. Fire extinguishers must remain visible and easily accessible at all times.
Catalogs, Souvenirs, Etc.
Soliciting, polling, interviewing, etc. in any part of Entry Tent, other than exhibitors’ booths, is strictly prohibited, and any person so doing will be required to leave the premises. Circulars, catalogs, magazines, folders, and any other matter may be distributed only from within the exhibitor’s booth and must be related strictly to the products and/or services on display or directly available from the individual exhibitor. Distribution in the aisles is forbidden. Strolling entertainment or moving advertisements outside of an exhibitor’s assigned space is not permitted.
Care of Entry Tent
Exhibitors may not distribute adhesive-backed decals of any type inside the Entry Tent. Glitter and confetti may not be used or distributed in the Entry Tent.
Payment for Space and Cancellations
The exhibitor specifically recognizes and acknowledges that the BIA will be harmed if the exhibitor cancels its exhibit space after it has been assigned and confirmed by the BIA. Any prospective exhibitor leasing space who fails to make the payment required by this agreement or who cancels such space after May 17, 2013, shall forfeit all monies paid and all rights in and to the use of the contracted exhibit space. The exhibitor shall have no right to a listing in the Parade Planbook. BIA shall have the right to dispose of the released space in such way as it may consider in its interests (including re-sale of such exhibit space without any liability on the part of BIA). BALANCES ARE DUE IN FULL BY JUNE 7, 2013.
ANY CANCELLATION OF THIS LEASE MUST BE MADE IN WRITING TO BIA. DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE. IF AN EXHIBITOR CANCELS AFTER MAY 17, 2013, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
Use of BIA Parade of Homes Language
The name “BIA Parade of Homes” is a trade name, owned and protected by BIA through its association affiliations. BIA reserves the right and must limit and enforce the use of the name when unauthorized use takes place. Ads that will be used to promote participation, product or service as part of the Parade must be submitted to BIA for approval. Exhibitors will be provided with approved artwork to use in their marketing efforts not less than thirty(30) days prior to the opening of the Parade.
Neither the Building Industry Association of Central Ohio, the Parade, nor their directors, officers, employees, or agents of any of them, shall have any liability for any personal injury to the exhibitor or its officers, guests, agents, or employees, or to any other person in attendance at the Parade; or for any damage to or loss of any property of the exhibitor or any of its officers, agents or employees, or of any person in attendance at the Parade; whether such injury, damage or loss occurs prior to, during, or after the Parade, unless such injury, damage, or loss is the direct result of the gross negligence or willful act of one or more of such parties. The exhibitor, on signing the contract, expressly releases such parties from, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold them harmless against any and all claims for such injury, damage, or loss.
Exhibitor shall, at its own expense, secure and maintain through the term of this contract, including move-in and move-out days, Comprehensive General Liability Insurance with limits not less than $1,000,000 each occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate, combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage, including coverage for personal injury, contractual, and operation of mobile equipment and products. All such insurance shall be primary of any other valid and collectible insurance of Exhibitor and shall be written on an occurrence basis. Claims made policies are not acceptable and do not constitute compliance with Exhibitor’s obligations under this paragraph. Proof of Insurance shall be furnished to the BIA by June 7, 2013. Certified copies of the Certificates of Insurance or policies shall provide that they may not be cancelled without 30 days notice to BIA.
In the event that an event, including but not limited to, acts of God, regulations, or orders of governmental authorities; fire, flood, or explosion; war, disaster, civil disorder (including labor disputes or demonstrations of any kind), acts of terrorism or other violence, curtailment of transportation facilities, or other emergency, makes it illegal or otherwise impractical for BIA to provide the facilities or services contracted herein, this Agreement shall terminate without further obligation on the part of any party hereto. In the event of postponement or disruption of the Parade for any cause, BIA shall have no obligation to make a refund to the exhibitor of any deposit or payments received and neither will the BIA be responsible for any claims whatsoever by the Exhibitor arising out of the postponement or cancellation of the Parade. The exhibitor hereby waives any and all claims against BIA for damages or compensation due to cancellation or postponement of the Parade pursuant to this paragraph.
Admission to the Parade is open to the public. The Association makes reasonable attempts to attract qualified attendees to its Parade but does not guarantee specific volumes or levels of attendees.
BIA, through the Association Staff, shall have full power in the interpretation and enforcement of all Rules contained herein, and the power to make, from time to time, such reasonable amendments thereto and such further Rules and Regulations as it shall consider necessary for the proper conduct of the Parade, provided same do not materially alter or diminish the contractual rights of Exhibitor.
Right of Entry and Inspection
BIA or its designee shall retain the right and discretion at any time to enter the leased area occupied by exhibitors and to inspect any material distributed or made available in the leased area.
Complaints may be submitted to the Ticket Booth and will be kept anonymous. Violators will be given one warning and if the action continues, will be asked to remove their exhibit from the Parade Site. No refunds will be given.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
- BIA Foundation
- BIA of Central Ohio
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quizzes and Trivia
- 2011 Parade at Olentangy Falls
- 2012 Parade at the Meadows
- Builders: Ambassador Homes
- Builders: Dominion Homes
- Builders: Fischer Homes
- Builders: M/I Homes, Inc.
- Builders: Manor Homes
- Builders: New England Homes
- Builders: P&D Builders
- Builders: Rockford Homes
- Builders: Tuckerman Home Group
- Builders: Weaver Custom Homes
- Home Features: Baths
- Home Features: Bedrooms
- Home Features: Decor
- Home Features: Details & Finishes
- Home Features: Great Rooms
- Home Features: HVAC
- Home Features: Kitchens
- Home Features: Landscaping
- Home Features: Lighting
- Home Features: Master Suites
- Home Features: Painting & Wall Coverings
- Home Features: Roofing